So we’re over a week into August and I realized that I never recapped Juicy July.
What a fail.
Anyway better late than never right? Right! For brevity’s sake (since I’m running late and all) let’s get into it with some lists.
1. Energy- on days I juiced my energy was through the roof! Forget caffeine, vegetables are what stifle mid-morning yawns. Vegetables also help you clear your dresser. I wish I had a before to show you the clusterf*ck it was before the juice.
2. Skin- Did I tell you I cured my own eczema? No? Well I did! With juicing!
[BRIEF ASIDE: I may or may not have had eczema. There was a dry and rough patch of skin on my chin that was annoying me. My friend who works at a dermatologists office and who's also an event planner, told me, one evening over margaritas, that I probably had eczema. I took his untrained, half drunk diagnosis as fact. That's beside's the point, it's gone now and my skin glows. This aside is no longer brief, so look at me glow!]
3. Nails- My nails are stronger and longer. A month’s worth of mani’s for proof.
1. The Hungries- I don’t know how folks do juice fasts and not kick small animals. Juices are not meal replacements, they’re more of a meal supplement. As a supplement they can add additional calories, so if you’re trying to lose weight, you might want to watch which fruits and veggies you select to juice.
2. Pulp- What does one do with pulp? It makes me feel very wasteful throwing all that good stuff down the drain.
3. Storage- I want to juice every day but i’m lazy. I’d love to be able to make juice in bulk for the week and drink it at my leisure. I haven’t quite figured out how to make that happen.
All in all I’m pleased with my juicer and the effects juicing has had on my life. I intend to juice often and regularly and I encourage you to do the same!
Do you juice? What are your favorite combos?